Tuesday, May 3, 2011

As I Go Back

While studying for the upcoming final, I realized how important this class has been to my development as a thinker, especially considering this is my last semester at Loyola. Funny how a look deep into the past can be so relative to life today. I've studied philosophy and history of more recent times through several classes, but never have I realized how important the Greco-Roman world still is today. The idea of the forms, starting with Plato, but then edited by Aristotle and the Neoplatonists helped me come to a better understanding of my own view on metaphysics. Although Aristotle did not explicitly get to some sort of One, or he may very well have and I did not realize through my studies, I feel he laid down the path with putting ideas like deskness only present in our world through desks, and not separating it in a different realm. I now can't help but agree with the One concept, and although it may have been refuted, it still makes my belly warm at night. As I approach the last class of the semester, and my last class at Loyola, I wish that it was only the beginning. Yet I can't go back, and my parents want me to move on from the collegiate life. But I still have to say that this class was by far one of the best I have taken during my four years a Loyola. Thanks Dr. Layne.

No comments:

Post a Comment