Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yesterday's Debate

Continuing from the heated debate yesterday. I would like to enter my input after listening. First of all, I question if skepticism can be considered philosophy. I have to ask, "What is philosophy?" It surely isnt continous question with no answer. It is like any other schience where one tries to arrive at a answer. Second of all, they wouldnt even know if the would consider themselves philosophers because they are so indecisive of everything. Third of all skeptics trying to apply some sort of dogma to their indecisiveness is absolutely absurd. You have to have a starting point at any philosophy or science and so forth. Nothing just is or just is continous. One lady in class said if you make one statement that is wrong in what you have to say then youre completely false. I think that is amusing, because she is the same person that prior to that said, "youre just attacking their physics, what about their metaphysics?" Im going to take her statement and apply it. If their physics is wrong so is their metaphysics Besides, metaphysics is a lot of things that will eventually become physics with technology and science. I am not disregarding skepticism. I am somewhat of a skeptic, but surely the absurdity is obvious within some of the philosophy.

1 comment:

  1. Jared,

    I think philosophy means different things to different people. But you should read this short piece on what Bertrand Russell thinks its value might be. It's good.

    http://www.skepdic.com/russell.html

    ReplyDelete